GOURMEY is a leading European cultivated meat company (Bloomberg, Forbes). We create delicious and sustainable restaurant-grade meats directly from animal cells.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Vice-President of Manufacturing to own our end-to-end operations in production for our state-of-the-art product manufacturing line.
Reporting directly to the Chief Technical Officer, you will own Gourmey’s manufacturing roadmap at the demonstrator and commercial scale.
What will you be doing
- Create, own and execute our manufacturing strategy focusing on safety, quality, delivery, and cost, employing pioneering food and biomanufacturing technologies.
- Oversee all our production and logistics for our flagship product line, cultivated foie gras, to ensure all products are manufactured, prepared, and shipped safely and efficiently, meeting high sustainability standards.
- Build and lead our Manufacturing Engineering team and manage our external parties to deliver our demonstrator and commercial manufacturing plants on time.
- Lead our Pilot Scale team (both upstream and downstream) and oversee validation studies and small-batch manufacturing.
- Ensure our operations comply with key market quality system standards and other regulatory requirements for novel food products.
- Ensure a holistic approach to integrate both upstream and downstream considerations in product/process R&D
And lastly, as part of the leading management team, you will provide strategic inputs for Gourmey’s roadmap and business plan.
- At least 10+ years of related work experience in manufacturing in a brewery/distillery, pharma or nutraceutical, dairy, or other fermentation environments in a leadership position.
- Previous experience in setting-up a manufacturing plant for a new manufacturing process (> 200t p.a.).
- Experience building and deploying innovation and business operations in a process development setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and team development skills. Experience in hiring and recruiting at all levels.
- Extensive experience with large-scale fermentors ( > 20 000 liters) in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of quality standards (i.e., ISO 9001, ISO 22000) and GMP documentation and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions: Capital planning, Quality, Logistics, Supply Chain, etc.
- Track record of strong working knowledge of and commitment to high safety standards in all manufacturing operations.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. We are an international team, no need to speak French!
What we offer
- A competitive salary and participation in Gourmey’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan).
- Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast-growing startup, building the future of food through cutting-edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth.
- A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our pilot scale labs located in central Paris.