UPSTREAM BIOPROCESS DEVELOPMENT POST DOC/SCIENTIST
Roslin Technologies is an ambitious, cutting‐edge biotech company focused on food and agriculture. Our mission is to advance disruptive biotechnologies to improve how we produce proteins. Alternative proteins are key for a more sustainable food system. We envision a world where we can produce animal proteins without harming our health, the planet, or animals and ensure everyone has access to affordable, nutritious proteins.
Our main focus is on developing animal cell technologies for the emerging cultivated meat sector. We develop stem cell lines using ground-breaking technologies, including induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC). We provide these cell lines to cultivated meat producers globally who will use these cell lines to develop and produce cultivated meat. Our approach is unique to this sector both in terms of technology and business model. Our animal cell lines are playing a key role in bringing the reality of cultivated meat closer.
Our brilliant team of experts are passionate, curious, inventive and at the forefront of the ground-breaking work being accomplished in this rapidly growing, cultivated meat sector
ABOUT THE ROLE
This Upstream Bioprocessing role is an exciting career opportunity for a mammalian/stem cell culture bioprocess scientist with upstream bioprocess development and bioreactor optimisation expertise.
Our Team has derived high quality animal stem cells, including induced pluripotent stem cells and embryonic stem cells. The next step is to develop and validate scalable upstream bioprocessing protocols (batch, fed-batch, perfusion culture in industry relevant bioreactor types) that show these cells are innately qualified to grow to high cell densities in large scale bioreactors.
The role will involve you working across our innovation and commercially facing teams advanntcing the field of animal stem cell cuktivation at scale and supporting technology transfer to cultivated meat companies developing alternative meat products using our various cell lines.
We are currently recruiting two bioprocessing positions.
• Undergraduate degree (BSc/MSc) and PhD in a closely related discipline (Bioprocessing, Biotechnology, or Bioengineering)
• Experience in mammalian/stem cell culture bioreactor operation (batch, fed-batch, perfusion culture)
• Experience in mammalian/stem cell culture bioprocess optimisation, monitoring and control (QbD/PAT expertise)
• Proven ability to develop and test protocols
• Proven ability to identify analytical tools most suitable to the research
• Proven ability to deliver a research project, including the design, execution, data processing and reporting of experiments
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent computer skills in the use of Office software
• Industry experience of working to GMP and relevant ISO standards
• Practical experience of working in the area of cultivated meat, ideally focusing on scale up and cell density optimisation and bioprocess validation
• Experience in stem cell pluripotency maintenance and differentiation mechanisms
• Experience in cell culture media design and component analysis
• Experience in metabolic flux analysis and bioprocess modelling
• Experience in project delivery/report writing and/or commercial R&D projects
• Motivated and driven to advance stem cell culture processes through improved bioreactor / bioprocess scale-up efficiency
ROSLIN TECHNOLOGIES OFFERS
‣ Competitive and attractive salary and company pension scheme
‣ A passionate work environment focused on a fast-growing field, using ground-breaking stem cell technologies
‣ Strong emphasis on team performance and personal development
‣ Regular company events to foster our culture