At the forefront of farming and food, UPSIDE Foods is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. The founding company of the industry, UPSIDE Foods is a mission-driven organization focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
UPSIDE has grown fast over the last two years, and the momentum continues as we expand to build out our first commercial facility! The Senior Manager, CAPEX will work cross functionally to help us add on to our Engineering, Production, and Innovation Center as well as help us build out our first commercial facility. We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual who will lead and support the development, implementation, and management of our capital investments.
- Lead through procurement practices for engineering and manufacturing categories for EPIC and commercial facilities
- Develop and lead category sourcing strategies for capital investments
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to integrate supply category spend, plans, and outcomes in investment planning and budgeting
- Drive cost modeling and strategy management including category business plans, market conditions, and technology roadmaps.
- Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to supplier scorecards, business reviews, and dispute resolution
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams to identify opportunities and risks related to product design and business plans
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of experience in sourcing, business, supply chain, operations management, and/or engineering
- Engineering background preferred, experience with biotech or food facility start-ups preferred
- Experience negotiating contract and procurement terms and conditions
- Analytical with ability to build out should-cost models and cost forecasts
- Highly experienced with mechanical engineering concepts and ability to build bottoms-up cost models on the understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, have attention to detail, and work independently
- Has great communication, interpersonal skills, and project management skills
- Some travel may be required
Who you’ll work with…
- This is a highly cross-functional role that will work with our engineering, manufacturing, operations, legal, food safety/quality, and supply chain teams.
- This role will work with our engineering and manufacturing teams closely to drive the build out of our commercial facilities.
Key Contributions in First Year…
- Develop an understanding of the needs for commercial scale and drive key external relationships in these areas
- Lead RFI/RFQ/RFP for relevant categories in the strategic sourcing process
- Work closely with engineering and program management teams to support engineering requirements, buildout milestones, and track sourcing progress
Compensation Range: $84,000-$145,000*
*Pay may vary depending on factors including job-related knowledge and skills.
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- Unlimited PTO
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities