Senior Scientist, Stem cell research
We are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world.
GOURMEY is France’s pioneering cultivated meat company. We create delicious and sustainable restaurant-grade meats directly from animal cells. We are building an international team of scientists and food lovers, gathering 45 talents that joined us from all Europe and further.
As part of the Cell Biology team you will work hand in hand with our engineers and scientists and play an integral role in ensuring an efficient experimental workflow. You will participate in the establishment, development and differentiation of stem cell lines.
What will you be doing?
- Performing cell culture experiments (such as cell line establishment, cell adaptation, and differentiation).
- Performing experiments involving other cell and molecular biology techniques (i.e., characterization techniques such as RT-qPCR or flow cytometry).
- Establishing and optimizing experimental protocols in different research areas (i.e., characterization, differentiation, cell culture, etc.)
- Developing and implementing scientific projects while collaborating with other workstreams and other team members and exchanging expertise and knowledge.
- Keeping meticulous notes in an electronic notebook with detailed records of information about the experiments.
- Summarizing and communicating results and interpretations during team meetings and preparing reports.
- MSc or PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Developmental Biology or a similar field.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in sterile animal cell culture techniques involving ESCs, iPSCs or primary cells (ideally establishing cell lines in different species)
- Experience using and optimizing common molecular biology techniques for cell characterization (PCR, RT-qPCR, immunofluorescence)
- Experience in flow cytometry, cell differentiation, and/or suspension cell culture are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken). No French is required.
- A proactive, positive, collaborative mindset with strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work in an impact-driven startup environment.
- Adaptability and a desire to expand your knowledge and skills to different areas of research.
- Rigor and organization with high attention to detail.
- Passion about GOURMEY’s mission to bring to market delicious and sustainable foods through innovation.
What do we offer
- A competitive salary and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan).
- The opportunity to contribute to make the world a better place through state-of-the-art biology within a driven and passionate team
- Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast-growing startup, building the future of food through cutting-edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth.
- A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in Paris.