Senior Scientist, Metabolic Modelling
As the Sr. Scientist, Metabolic Modelling you will serve as a technical lead on the Strain Development team.
Our ideal candidate will bring previous experience in genomics, computational biology and metabolic modelling. You will be able to understand the underlying metabolic mechanisms, quickly learn new concepts, and possess strong communication and collaboration skills. You will serve as a technical lead in a dedicated team responsible for validating strain performance.
You will be able to work independently and be able to creatively adapt to changing timelines and priorities. Finally, you will be a vital contributor to creating the reality of sustainable, ethical, and delicious foods.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on projects within the Strain Development team.
- Lead in the design, testing, and characterization of filamentous fungi with a focus on metabolic engineering and metabolic modeling.
- Develop in-house technologies & methods and/or lead collaborative efforts oriented around strain adaptation/evolution.
- Lead the design of experiments, creation & optimization of protocols, and collection & processing data.
- Coordinate with external collaborators, partners, and vendors to ensure smooth workflow between all stakeholders.
- Assist with the expansion of the group’s capabilities by exploring new technologies and strategies to improve experimental throughput and support ongoing project efforts.
- Mentor and guide Technicians and Associate Scientists within the Strain Development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD or MS in Biochemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Genetics, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years hands-on industrial experience with strain engineering.
- Strong molecular biology experience with hands on industry experience with genomics or other -Omics.
- Strong computational and analytical skills, including high level of proficiency in scientific programming (R, Python, or C++.)
- Experience with managing multiple high priority projects and communicating project updates to leadership.
- Rigorous attention to details with experimental design, execution, noise/variability, reproducibility, and record keeping.
- You are an honest collaborator who thrives on sharing their knowledge and taking in the experiences of others; an excellent communicator, who can work effectively with all.
- Self-motivated, flexible, adaptable, and possessing the ability to roll with the punches in a fast-moving, fast-growing, start-up environment.
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. **
Compensation: The base salary range for this role is $94,000 - $125,000 annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required prior to the start of employment at Eat Meati™.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..