At Finless Foods, our mission is simple – we want to create a future for seafood where the ocean thrives. We work toward this every day by creating delicious alternative seafood products that help you satisfy your cravings without bait or hook. We are using ground-breaking plant and cell culture technology to revolutionize the way the world sources delicious and sustainable food. Good for us. Good for the ocean.
At Finless Foods, we are passionate about supporting our employees’ growth both personally and professionally. We want you to be proud of having ‘Finless Foods’ on your resume and we want you to be a key part of making Finless’ amazing culture what it is.
- Emotional Intelligence - Being both self and socially aware and effectively managing yourself and your social relationships.
- Trust Through Transparency - Communicating by leading with transparency and honesty, even when it's difficult.
- Proactive Support - Proactively looking for opportunities to offer support to your teammates and then executing on it.
- Opportunities In Failure - Being honest about failure but also making sure to frame failures as things to learn from and growth opportunities, because these are the building blocks of success.
At Finless we integrate these values on a daily basis, and they’re also a core part of our annual individual and team evaluations. We’re looking for individuals who will take these to heart as much as we do.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading projects focused on key business growth initiatives and productivity improvement. Even though this position is rooted in the R&D department, this position builds and coordinates cross-functional teams and collaborates with nearly every department in the organization directly. The role must ensure effective use of resources, communicate organizational priorities, and drive timely execution of strategically important projects. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for evangelizing and educating the organization on project management best practices. The successful applicant will possess the skills to successfully lead projects as well as the introduction and advancement of Finless’ project management organization.
- Establish and manage project scope, deliverables, timeline, and resources ensuring delivery of project goals.
- Support company values and purpose throughout the project management lifecycle.
- Coach the cross-functional team on project management best practices, processes, and procedures and ensure they are being followed and completed.
- Understand and evangelize project management best practices, setting a tone of project management excellence.
- Provide inspirational leadership to cross-functional teams in the execution of projects.
- Manage monthly gate review process for cross-functional review/approval of new projects and ensure business case documentation supports transition of active projects to the next stage.
- Facilitate team project meetings to enable status updates, resolve issues, and drive progress against tasks and deliverables. Maintain and issue action registers and updated timelines.
- Collaborate with a team to identify and manage risks through development of mitigation and contingency plans.
- Coordinate post-launch reviews to identify opportunities for optimization/course correction, lessons learned, and best practices that can be applied to future projects.
- Develop and continuously improve management processes to streamline projects and improve efficiency.
- Comply with all Company rules, regulations, and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, preferably business, engineering, or related discipline.
- 6+ years of project management experience.
- Strong preference for PMP certification.
- Experience/familiarity with Stage Gate or other project process methodology preferred.
- Experience managing and reporting planned versus actual budgets and timelines.
- Experience producing executive level project status reports.
- Experience with product commercialization projects preferred.
- Experience with critical path analysis and issue identification and resolution preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including MS Project/other project management application preferred.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects to completion.
- Ability to lead complex projects combined with a deep understanding of project management best practices.
- Ability to effectively work with, communicate with, and present to all levels of the organization and product development teams.
- Knowledge of the food industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in delivering projects on time and on budget through project management best practices.
- Ability to manage and mitigate project risks; problem solve, pivot, and quickly provide strategic solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, business process, and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to multitask, manage workload, work well with others in stressful situations, and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Annual Salary Range: $140,000 - $160,000
- Flexible Time Off
- Flexible Schedule
- 401k with matching contribution up to 4%
- Medical, dental, & vision
- Access to well-being tools and development opportunities
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Be part of the change for a better world
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position involves working primarily in a laboratory setting. As such this position requires the ability to stand or sit at the bench, the ability to lift laboratory equipment up to 40 pounds, the use of standard laboratory equipment as well as computers and office equipment. The position requires communication with other individuals through a variety of methods.
Finless Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the large number of applications, only applicants moving on to the next round will be contacted.