The Senior Plant Technical Manager will be responsible for creation and strategic leadership of the Progressive Maintenance program here at Meati’s Thornton, CO facility. In this role they will be supporting Operations via technical mastery and systemic implementation of PM systems and tools. We are searching for a strong leader with vision and knowhow for developing a maintenance program from the ground up, they will implement this vision at our new state of the art manufacturing facility. This individual must be a master of PM tools and systems while also having the ability to be hands on, training and coaching the technical operators and support teams on the key aspects of a successful PM program.
- Lead creation of a robust preventative maintenance plan for new, state of the art equipment in the facility, as well as all facility utilities
- Program improvements and management of the PM Systems (Planning and Scheduling, Cost Management, and Breakdown Elimination)
- Data analysis, trending, and identifying key improvement areas, including making efficient use of MVP maintenance system
- Training and capability building via content and/or structure changes
- Development of PM programs and systems
- Coaching of PM resources (full time technicians and system owners)
- Create asset and parts strategies for the Mega Ranch Manufacturing facility
- Lead development of root cause analysis tools such as Breakdown Elimination
- Lead creation of technical training program for the Technical Operator teams
- Manage a team within the Mega Ranch facility In Thornton, CO, consisting of 5-7 direct reports
- Other duties as assigne.
- 7+ years of experience within Maintenance Systems and a bachelor’s degree required (degree In Mechanical Engineering highly desired), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background with manufacturing plants is preferred
- Ability to lead and implement a major improvement across a broad/diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve, analyze, redesign, and implement plans
- Experience implementing PM systems
- Understanding of Mechanical or Electrical components in manufacturing environment
- Understanding of PM systems and work processes
- Able to influence plant leadership and direction, and lead work successfully with internal and external resources
- Communication and Collaboration - Ability to communicate action plans, strategies, and help requests to the right people with the appropriate sense of urgency to drive action
- Successful experience working across different internal and external organizations (plant resources, engineering, site leadership, and corporate teams) to drive change. Experience adjusting your level of detail, presentation style, and decision criteria to the audience
- Technical Mastery - Demonstrated technical mastery in PM disciplines and demonstrated success of applying these skills in one or more manufacturing sites. Ability to learn additional mastery skills across other PM disciplines and ability to coach others in your area of expertise
- Grow Capability - Role requires effective coaching and development of site leaders across all areas of PM expertise
- Focus Externally - Ability and experience to benchmark other program and reapply best practices to drive improvements in delivering information (data, training, etc.)
- Program Management - Experience in managing a large-scale PM system
- Strong Leadership Skills - Ability to lead and implement a major improvement across a broad/diverse range of stakeholders
- Able to work effectively with autonomy and lead groups to drive improvements
- Able to evaluate PM needs, develop action plans
- Able to energize site resources
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. **
The base salary range for this role Is $112,000 - $148,000 /annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required prior to the start of employment at Eat Meati™.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..