ABOUT AIR PROTEIN
At Air Protein, we’re passionate about creating a new food system–one that pushes the boundaries of what anyone thought was possible and builds a healthy relationship between our food and our planet. This is a new era of sustainable production; we can use less and make more. We can feed the growing global population without destroying rainforests or warming the planet. Join our diverse team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to create the future of food—meat made from elements of the air.
As an innovative food company, we are crafting the world’s first air-based meats to eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air into protein. Air Protein’s process is carbon-negative by design, using less land and water, and is powered by renewable energy. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Benefits & Perks:
In addition to the chance to work with a world-class team and cutting-edge technology to help combat climate change and address the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits. We offer unlimited PTO, parental leave, 401K match, and compensation plans that include employee equity. Air Protein invests in employee development and the company culture is shaped by shared values:
Protect people & the planet
Play as a team and have a growth mindset
Do what you say you will do
Be the change you seek
Create a culture of belonging
The Senior Paralegal will join a newly formed legal team, serving as a champion of intellectual property and legal operations at the organization. This key role offers the opportunity for an ownership-minded paralegal to build and implement key platforms, including both IP and contract management systems. This position will be trusted to manage critical touchpoints in the co-ordination of IP prosecution with outside counsel, as well as driving the contracting process from internal teams to our business partners. This role will report to our VP of Intellectual Property and General Counsel.
Salary Range: $72,250 - $97,750
- Manage a growing portfolio of patent and trademark matters, coordinating prosecution with outside counsel
- Organize and maintain all matters within a patent management system, monitoring dockets and deadlines, and tracking all associated correspondence, formal documents, and files
- Assist with the implementation of a contract management system (IronClad), and creation of the organization’s contract repository
- Providing ad hoc support to projects as needed
- At least 5 years of paralegal experience, spanning both IP and corporate legal operations, must have in-house experience, preferably in a start-up environment
- Solid understanding of US and foreign patent prosecution, familiarity with US trademark prosecution
- Experience managing contract workflows from initiation to execution in a contract management system
- Superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, and sense of client service
- Cultural and emotional intelligence to develop and nurture collaborative relationships Maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Creative problem-solving skills and initiative, flexibility, and ability to work independently
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer.
At Air Protein, we are committed to providing equal opportunities. Because we want the absolute best people, we enthusiastically invite people of every race, color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability – or any other status protected by law – to apply to join our team.
Research has shown that women and people from marginalized groups may not apply for a role if they aren't a 100% match. Please don't hold back. If you think you will excel in this role, but perhaps you don’t tick every box, we'd appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.