Senior In-House legal Counsel
We are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world.
Gourmey is France’s pioneering cultivated meat company. We create delicious and sustainable restaurant-grade meats directly from animal cells.
We are looking for a passionate in-house legal counsel to manage the legal contract strategy of the company.
Reporting directly to the Head of legal & IP, you will work in a team of 3 gourmates, and your role will be to provide strategic advice to help Gourmey to reach its goals while securing operations.
What you will be doing
The scope of the role is broad, with a focus on contracts, but excluding social law (HR) and regulation.
- Manage Contracts and Gourmey’s obligations. .
- Review, draft, negotiate contracts (NDA, MTA, MSA, collaboration, supply, purchase…) in French and in English, in relation with R&D and operations.
- Provide legal advice to serve the strategy of Gourmey (business law, competition law, corporate, compliance, GDPR, IP…).
- Support Gourmey’s operations including support to fundraising.
- Support litigation.
- Develop and coordinate a network of legal counsels internationally in key Gourmey’s geographies. Stay up to date with new laws and regulations related to Gourmey’s activities.
- Develop and animate a legal culture at Gourmey.
- Master degree in law, preferably business law.
- Solid knowledge of French, European and US law.
- At least 8 years of work experience in a similar position, preferably in the food industry, or biotechnology industry.
- Hands-on approach to suggest creative solutions.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, while working autonomously.
- Fluent in both French & English, both written and spoken. We are an international team, but for this specific role French is a must-have.
- Passionate about GOURMEY’s mission to bring to market delicious & sustainable foods through innovation.
- Willingness to collaborate with all team members and departments.
- Enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. A positive, can-do attitude.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan).
- Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast-growing startup, building the future of food through cutting-edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth.
- A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in Paris.