Senior Food Processing Engineer
Meati Foods is a fast-growing food company with fermentation and food manufacturing at the core of our business. We are hiring food process engineers to support our growth in food manufacturing with equipment engineering, process optimization, capital project support, and project management. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be the technical lead and subject matter expert for capacity expansion and other cross-functional projects requiring creative solutions to support the rapid growth of the company.
Food Process Engineering:
- Apply engineering principles to food manufacturing processes and equipment selection
- Specify and design food production equipment, instrumentation & controls and provides training to operators on new and existing processes and equipment
- Develop cost justifications, scope, schedule, and budget estimates for new process systems and process upgrades.
- Lead food manufacturing startup and commissioning activities, including onsite field engineering at new production facilities, new system validation and checkout, and the development of standard operating procedures
- Prepare Best Value Option Analysis (BVOA) to compare solutions and cost for best value and provide recommendations to project teams
- Interface with Project Managers and/or contractors, vendors, and maintenance to ensure installation and completion of capital projects
- Review, mark up, and approve drawings and other technical documentation for process systems
- Develop Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) planning and executes successful FAT
- Provide field installation supervision, leads commissioning, and field troubleshooting during startup phase
- Identify and resolve technical problems
- Communicate project status throughout the organization
- Develop and execute IQ, OQ, PQ with project team during installation, commissioning, qualification, and verification project phases
- Add value by influencing through innovation and continuous improvement
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvement projects to increase productivity, reliability, sustainability, and cost reduction
- Support a High-Performance Organization (HPO) environment by utilizing a total team approach to process improvements
- BS engineering or life sciences
- 3 years experience in food process engineering
- 3 years experience construction oversight and commissioning experience
- Experience with mass balance process flows and calculations, biological and engineering systems modeling, biological systems optimization, automation engineering, engineering research, and/or sustainability engineering is desired
- Must be open to 20% - 25% travel
Nice-to-Have (but not required):
- 5+ years of food process engineering experience
- 5+ years of commissioning experience
- Experience with major CPGs and/or a combination of start up and large CPG experience
- Expertise with multi-step food processing procedures
- Experience with quick to launch/fast to market projects
- Understanding of PLC programming and process control fundamentals
- Experience with AutoCAD or Visio
- Lean Six Sigma Certified (Green Belt)
- Statistical Process Control
Title will be based on level of experience with requested qualifications and may range from Food Process Engineer to Sr. Food Process Engineer.
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. **
The base salary range for this role Is $90,000 - $120,000 /annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required prior to the start of employment at Eat Meati™.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category