Senior Fermentation Process Engineer
Meati Foods is a fast-growing food company fermentation at the core of our business. We are hiring process engineers to support our growth in fermentation capacity through process, equipment, and plant design as well as commissioning and system troubleshooting through overall leadership in the fermentation space. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to design, build, and commission equipment and processes at cutting edge large-scale fermentation facilities with a company that is focused on its people as much as its products.
- Design, build, and commission cutting-edge food ingredients producing fermentation facilities and lead fermentation process, piping, and site design for capital projects.
- Lead fermentation facility startup and commissioning activities, including planning for equipment and plant commissioning as well as leading teams in the field for the execution of commissioning protocols.
- Applies design standards for the Meati process in equipment selection and design for new and existing fermentation facilities.
- Act as a cross-functional leader identifying problems, designing solutions, and following through their implementation.
- Develops process descriptions and provides subject matter expert level input in the controls design process.
- Work independently and on teams in a collaborative environment on design and commissioning projects.
- Add value by influencing through innovation and continuous improvement.
- Review, mark up, and approve drawings and other technical documentation for process systems.
- Develop equipment specifications, contribute to the procurement process, and sign off on equipment selection for its fit for our business.
- Develops cost justifications, scope, schedule, and budget estimates for new process systems and process upgrades.
- Interfaces with Project Managers and/or contractors, vendors, and maintenance to ensure installation and completion of capital projects.
- Develops Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) plans and executes successful FAT.
- Communicates project status throughout the organization.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in fermentation process engineering
- 5 years’ experience construction oversight and commissioning experience
- Experience with mass balance process flows and calculations, biological and engineering systems modeling, biological systems optimization, automation engineering, engineering research, and/or sustainability engineering is desired
- Must be open to 20% - 25% travel
Nice-to-Have (but not required):
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of fermentation process engineering experience
- 7+ years of commissioning experience
- Experience with major CPGs and/or a combination of start-up and large CPG experience
- Experience with quick to launch/fast to market projects
- Understanding of PLC programming and process control fundamentals
- Experience with AutoCAD or Visio
- Lean Six Sigma Certified (Green Belt)
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required prior to the start of employment at Meati.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required prior to the start of employment at Eat Meati™.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..