Senior Bioprocess Scientist
Welcome to Good Dog Food. We create nutritious, sustainable, ethical pet foods using lab grown meat. Cat and Dogfood is responsible for 25–30% of the environmental impact of animal. Meanwhile 75% of pet owners are concerned about feeding their pets a plant-based diet due to the nutritional completeness of the diet.
Good Dog Food will resolve both these issue by making the world’s first complete pet food from lab-grown meat.
Backed by a leading investor and research institute Good Dog Food is well funded and has access to pioneering technology.
We are looking for a Senior Process Development Engineer who will be responsible for leading and defining the bioprocess with our bioreactors.
You will be a key member of the R&D Team. The full-time position will be based in our lab in London, UK.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about the challenge, thinks big, acts bravely and challenges norms for the better. Creativity and a strong learning attitude will be essential. We believe the strongest teams have diverse team members and actively encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Compensation is highly competitive and will include participation in the company’s share option scheme.
• Design, execute, and analyse experiments to develop a scalable manufacturing process• Identify and implement relevant in-process analytics to optimise production of animal cells
• Work closely with team members to maintain project development, implementation and troubleshooting of experiments, and ensure deliverables are met
• Attend and present at team meetings to share results, and plan experiments, with a keen eye for achieving company milestones
• Perform other duties as assigned, including all those associated with facilitating the smooth operation in the lab
• Maintain standards consistent with company culture and values
Who you are
• Masters or PhD in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering or related field
• Extensive proven experience in the following:
• Animal cell culture in different bioreactor types and operating modes
• Developing and scaling up processes involving animal cells
• Good to have
• Cell metabolism characterization and modification
• Serum-free medium culture systems• Development of toxic by-product elimination systems and medium recycling
• Action-oriented, results driven, and able to accomplish project objectives and meet or exceed expectations
• Attention to detail and ability to work both individually and within a multi-disciplinary team
• Exceptional communication, writing, organizational and time management skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills