Do you want the same as we do
- Would you like to be a crucial part of bringing cultured meat to market, having a massive positive impact on the planet from a environmental and animal welfare perspective?
- Do you love to collaborate with a great international team of world class scientists and engineers in a fast-paced and exciting scale up environment?
- Do you want to use the latest computing technologies to advance science at Mosa Meat?
What is the purpose of your role
Analyse RNAseq data to uncover novel insights into the underlying biology. Communicate these findings to other scientists at Mosa Meat.
What are your key responsibilities
- Process and analyse RNAseq experiments to explain the findings to experimentalists; use key results to guide the scientific discovery process.
- Be the first point of contact for the design of new sequencing experiments.
- Work with the sequencing team to further improve data quality and throughput.
Who are we looking for
- MSc or PhD in life sciences or similar.
- Experience with the analysis of RNAseq data, preferably from Oxford Nanopore technologies.
- Good understanding of statistics and experimental design as applied to RNAseq.
- Keen to apply scientific programming to biological research.
- Experience with mammalian cell biology; experience with bovine cells is desirable.
- Passionate about our mission, and excited about working in a commercial start-up.
- A hardworking and organised team-player.
- Ability to continuously challenge assumptions to seek innovative solutions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (minimum B2 level English).
- Permission to work in the EU (desirable).
What we have for you
We are a growing team working on an innovation that will have a huge global impact. As part of this exciting project, we promise that you will get to:
- Enjoy an enterprising work culture with lots of freedom in your projects.
- Combine science with a commercial goal.
- Enjoy 25 days of paid leave per year.
- Work in the beautiful, historical city of Maastricht.
- Enjoy flexible working hours.
- As part of competitive remuneration, receive a bonus plan similar to stock options called Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs).
We look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your application by 24th of February, and we will be in touch with you shortly.
In case of any questions, please feel free to contact our Senior Bioinformatician Christoph Börlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please be aware that emails coming from our automated Homerun system occasionally end up in spam/junk mail filters!