We are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultivated meat to the world.
Gourmey is France’s pioneering cultivated meat company. We create delicious and sustainable restaurant-grade meats directly from animal cells. We are building an international team of scientists and food lovers, gathering teams from all over Europe and further.
We are looking for a passionate quality control engineer who will be in charge of ensuring Gourmey’s products meet the set quality standards.
Reporting directly to the Head of Quality & Food Safety, you will work in a team of 3 Gourmates.
What you will be doing:
Gourmey’s Quality Control Engineer will play a central role in ensuring the quality of Gourmey’s day-to-day operations.
Within the role, you will:
Develop and conduct routine and non-routine cell line quality assays (sterility, identity).
Develop and conduct routine and non-routine quality assays to determine the quality of raw materials, reagents / chemicals and finished products.
Perform environmental monitoring of labs & production facilities to control biological and chemical hazards (e.g. routine quality testing of air and water systems)
Participate in developing action limits for environmental monitoring and participate in troubleshooting.
Contribute to the writing of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) related to quality testing.
Coordinate and organise the preparation and shipment of samples to external QC laboratories.
Reporting of potential quality issues.
The ideal candidate has previous experience in a QC laboratory, a high level of organization, is a team player, a good multi-tasker, and a strong communicator.
- +3 years of proven experience in a Pharmaceutical Industry or in a GLP/GMP laboratory environment in a QC role.
- Bachelors or Masters in biological sciences.
- Experience in handling cell culture samples
- Experience with standard pluripotency assay (qPCR, FACS, alkaline phosphatase), standard sterility assay (mycoplasma etc..), genetic stability assays.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (DNA/RNA and protein based)
- Strong technical knowledge of microbial testing methodologies and microbiology problem solving skills
- Identification of Isolates.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring methods and Good Laboratory practices.
- Proficient in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work cross-functional and collaborate with all team members.
- Enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. Efficient and self-organised.
- You are hands-on and action-driven to start and carry out projects to completion.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
What we offer
A competitive salary and participation in Gourmey’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan).Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast-growing startup, building the future of food through cutting-edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth.A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in Paris.