What are we looking for?
Do you want to disrupt the global food system? Are you excited by the opportunity to source, fund, and power world-class entrepreneurs as they work to positively impact the way humans produce and consume food? Do you have experience supporting founders at a start-up accelerator? If this sounds like you, then the Program Manager role at Big Idea Ventures is the perfect position for you.
Big Idea Ventures is expanding its Singapore Accelerator team. We are looking for a passionate and driven Program Manager to join our team in finding, backing, and supporting the best early-stage alternative protein entrepreneurs.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of our Singapore based accelerator and will be an integral part of our team.
Deal flow - actively source for pre-seed alt-protein deals, and screen for potential investment opportunities.
Manage the SG accelerator due diligence process by conducting background research on prospective deals, capture critical components of target investments and make recommendations on the start-ups to accept into the program
Support the Program Director in putting together investment memos and deal structure.
Help to evaluate the needs of start-up founders in order to scale; advise and connect them with the necessary resources.
Proactively look for potential partners and mentors to support the accelerator program, work with the Program Director to understand how the partners can work with us.
Track metrics associated with BIV’s portfolio companies.
Assess and monitor best practices in the accelerator and provide feedback to ensure that we’re providing a best-in-class program.
Responsible for managing accelerator events including the demo day; managing the full process including scheduling, communication and facilitating events.
Work with Global Marketing manager to ensure the SG accelerator success stories are shared online
Be willing and open to taking on a wide variety of additional tasks and responsibilities related to assisting our portfolio companies, improving internal operations, and growing the Big Idea Ventures’ brand.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years previous accelerator experience required
- Alternative protein or food industry experience is preferred
- Have a professional network across Asia within start-ups / accelerators/VCs, with emphasis on Singapore-based network
- Demonstrated knowledge of the start-up ecosystem
- Experience managing projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise important projects
- Proven record of operating effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for alternative proteins and the need to disrupt our food system
- Authorised to work in Singapore without employer sponsorship