Orbillion is a top-tier cell-cultured meat company that crafts premium heritage meats from wagyu beef, wild elk, lamb, and American bison. After only 4 months of development time, we presented three of our four flavorful meats in a first-ever exclusive tasting in San Francisco (check out the video).
Orbillion is led by CEO Patricia Bubner, PhD, CTO Gabriel Levesque-Tremblay, PhD, and COO Samet Yildirim, MSc, MBS. Together, our three founders have more than 30 years of combined experience in rapid development and scale-up of mammalian cell culture as well as business and product development.
We’re proud to have an all-star advisory board, which includes high-profile food and biotech experts such as Matt Croughan (ex-Genentech, ex-Sapphire Energy, ex-KGI), Greg Hiller (ex-Pfizer), Ron Shigeta (ex-IndieBio), Guy Crims (Master Wagyu Butcher at Niku Steakhouse, the best steakhouse in SF), and Jay Keasling (UC Berkeley professor and entrepreneur).
Our team went through Y Combinator and raised a total of $6.4M from experienced food and agriculture investors and science-savvy angel investors including: At One Ventures (investors in Climax Foods, Finless Foods, Wild Earth), FoundersX Ventures (investors in SpaceX), Prithi Ventures (investors in Mission Barns, Turtle Tree Labs), Quiet Capital, and others. And, we graduated from Creative Destruction Lab’s Climate Stream.
Now, we’re focused on building our team and bringing our first product - Wagyu beef - up to pilot scale.
What We Offer:
• Exciting opportunity to contribute to and work with a small, talented, and fun team.
• Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits package.
• Flexible work week.
• Room for growth within the company.
• Drinks, snacks, and happy hours with the team.
• The opportunity to taste the future of meat.
At Orbillion, you’ll be responsible for:
● Developing a deep understanding of relevant markets, segments, consumers, customers, and
company’s capabilities; using this information to formulate and implement key product strategies
● Manage cross functional team of scientists, engineers, chefs, regulatory specialists, consumer
researchers, and procurement professionals to define and meet project timelines
● Own product timelines and play a key role in helping team members problem solve to stay on track
● Work in partnership with Head of Product Strategy to develop product roadmap and go to market
● Define, prioritize, and evaluate product specifications based on consumer and customer insights,
constantly seeking improved product market fit
● Perform market and landscape analysis and manage external vendors
● Develop and nurture key partner relationships, and present and provide supporting materials where
other team members may hold relationship
● Think creatively and strategically across both near and future time horizons to help make our
● Work with brand and marketing team to develop communication and marketing to drive awareness
- 5+ years of relevant experience in product management, market development management, program management, or related position with track record in achieving a successful product launch.
- Demonstrated experience working in food, biotech, pharma, or related fields; Master’s or PhD in a
- related field desired, but not required.
- Solid understanding of market trends, market segmentation, customer needs, and landscape.
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication to diverse audiences; bonus if science communication is in your wheelhouse.
- Strong presentation, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time (post-COVID) to attend conferences, visit partners, facilities, etc.
- Energy to drive an ambitious mission forward, and to have a blast along the way.
We're a diverse team and an equal opportunity employer.
At Orbillion, we believe everybody should have the opportunity to live and work as their whole, authentic selves. And we know that as a company we're stronger because of it. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, sexual orientations, religious and spiritual beliefs, national origins, abilities, neurotypes, experiential backgrounds (including veteran status), and cultural identities to consider a career at Orbillion. We look forward to meeting you.