Who we are:
Hi! We are Nobell Foods, a team of passionate scientists, explorers and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals and the planet.
We loveeeeeeeeee cheese. So much so, that our ingenious founder figured out a way to grow, in plants, the same identical protein found in stretchy, gooey, oozy, delicious, succulent, indulgent, and every other word we could think of to describe the cheese that comes from animals. We are thrilled to say that the best cheese on earth can come from plants and damnit we are going to prove it to every cheese loving glutton out there. So…thanks for taking a look at this job description. Hopefully it gets you as excited as we are to change the way the world eats, because this is just the beginning.
The People Coordinator plays a vital role within our team, supporting the creation and execution of long-term HR strategies across Nobell Foods. This person will help the Director of People Operations to support a diverse team including science, operations, finance, marketing, and sales. The People Coordinator is at the heart of the employee experience and plays a critical role in onboarding, lifecycle processes, offboarding as well as general HR support.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has some human resources knowledge, with solid administrative skills; coupled with the love of supporting people, and the desire to develop and grow in the People function.
What You Will Do:
- Support the HR new hire onboarding process from paperwork, background check processing and setting up new hire orientation and coordinating with management
- Interact with employees to answer general questions and resolve basic issues
- Support various employee transactions (off-boarding process, compliance training tracking/auditing and Leave of Absence compliance, employee changes, file management, etc.)
- Support candidate relationship management and communication of expectations throughout the hiring process
- Create, maintain and audit employee records (new hires, terminations, leaves, transfers, promotions) using our HRIS systems
- Create and facilitate employee experiences that increase connection, engagement, and retention; including monthly social events, holiday/observation days, birthday and anniversary celebrations, rewards and recognition events, and supporting the annual employee offsite.
- Manage our ATS (Greenhouse) and continue to implement new features to support a positive and efficient candidate and hiring manager experience
- Prepare employee data and reporting as needed
- Assist with other special projects as needed
What You Will Bring:
- A love of supporting people so that they can do their best work and creating an environment for them to do so
- 2-3 years of HR and/or Recruiting experience in a high growth start up environment
- Previous experience working closely with scientists is highly preferred. Bio-tech and/or food and beverage industry experience a plus
- Working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within HR and Recruiting
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills a must
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly resourceful, self-motivated, creative, detail oriented, and collaborative
- Ability to thrive in a 100% onsite role
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and work in a fast paced, ever-changing culture
- Passionate about people, and a desire to grow in the HR space
- Ability to work in a team environment but with a level of autonomy
- Experience with various applicant tracking and human capital management systems; Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Suite skills
- Experience with communication platforms (Slack, Zoom etc.)
- High level of integrity and EQ
- Ability to perform in at a high level in a fast-paced, multi-demand work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other related subject preferred