Packaging Developer (x/f/m)
We are searching for a passionate Packaging Scientist who can help Formo bring a pack structure design to life for our amazing product launch and create a unique consumer experience. If you love cheese and have a passion for packaging this can be your chance to be part of the team and contribute to our food revolution!
- Join a diverse team of top-notch interdisciplinary experts with backgrounds in molecular biology, food design, precision fermentation, business, and many more
- Be part of something truly meaningful
- Regular team off-sites, monthly perks, and employee participation plan
- You will create eco-designed packaging solutions including conceptual design, process development, process deployment, process validation, and supplier development - including CAD documentation
- You will test package structures, from early prototypes to explore consumer desirability, to product compliance over shelf life, and final implementation to ensure successful manufacturability of the design
- You will create a packaging supplier ecosystem to develop fast market test experiments and rapid implementation
- You are responsible for ensuring all packaging materials conform to their specifications by establishing testing protocols and supporting documentation
- You will establish and maintain packaging material specifications
- You will set up packaging materials testing protocols and supporting documentation
- You completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Package Engineering or Packaging Science, with previous experience developing innovative packaging (food industry is preferred)
- You have a hands-on experience in eco-design & knowledge of the most innovative sustainable packaging equipment & material solutions
- You have demonstrable proficiency in 3D CAD software
- You are a creative mindset, with a consumer-centric, problem-solver approach, and experience in rapid prototyping
- You have the highest standards of food and personal safety
- You are fluent in English, German would be a plus
- Join one of the most innovative food start-ups in Berlin 🚀
- Discounted public transport passes, fitness memberships, well-being program, language classes, corporate benefits, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting-edge food technologies
- Free drinks and snacks in the office, regular cheese tastings 🧀, weekly team lunch, and fun team events
- Innovative Office & Lab Experience
What makes cheese so stretchy, ooey, gooey, and melty? Milk proteins! At Formo, the future of dairy, we recreate milk proteins using precision fermentation and churn them into animal-free, indulgent cheese. The end result is not “like” cheese, it IS cheese, but without the downsides of the dairy industry. Our mission is to replace 10% of European dairy by 2030. It is a highly silly mission but with the right people aka you, we’re sure we’ll get there.We are a fun, cheesy (obviously) and diverse team from 20+ countries, bringing together 90 superstar scientists and entrepreneur activists, in Berlin and Frankfurt — ready to change the face of dairy.
Disclaimer: Formo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, genetic information, color, physical or mental disability, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.