Media Development Senior Scientist
We are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world.
Gourmey is France’s pioneering cultivated meat company. We create delicious and sustainable restaurant-grade meats directly from animal cells.
As our media development scientist, your mission will be to develop and optimize a performant, cost-efficient and food-compatible cell culture medium together with leading the media projects inside Gourmey.
What you will be doing
- Lead the development of animal cell culture media that are food-grade and economically viable.
- Assess and communicate all findings for the progression - you will make the decisions on what comes next.
- Establish and nurture relevant partnerships with external stakeholders (eg. ingredient and media suppliers) to achieve our goals.
- Summarise and communicate experiment results in meetings, presentations and written reports.
- Coordinate and supervise a team of scientists, engineers and technicians and support their career development.
- MSc/PhD degree in biotechnology, chemical engineering, bioprocess development or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in a biotech company, working on the development of a growth medium for cell culture
- Proficient and hands-on experience on:
- Animal cell culture and metabolic pathways
- DoE and statistical analysis
- Development of cell-culture media formulations
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment at various levels and familiarity with biological, analytical & quantification methods.
- Experience with statistical software like JMP, Minitab, Simca, etc. is desirable.
- Passionate about Gourmey’s mission to bring to market delicious and sustainable foods through innovation.
- Enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. A positive, can-do attitude.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken. We are an international team, no need to speak French!
What we offer
- A competitive salary and participation in Gourmey’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan).
- Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast growing startup, building the future of food through cutting edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth.
- A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment - labs located in the very heart of Paris.