VitroLabs, founded in 2016 and headquartered in Milpitas California, is a biotech company developing a scalable tissue engineering platform for the efficient and environmentally friendly production of leather from only a few cells. Combining advanced tissue engineering processes with proprietary advances to achieve commercial scale, VitroLabs is on a mission to produce cell cultivated leather that achieves the look, feel and performance of traditional leather without compromise. The composition of the material achieves the complexity of traditional hides without the need to go to animals as an ongoing source of hides. The process is more environmentally sustainable and favorable for animal welfare than that which is used to produce traditional leather.
About the role:
As Laboratory Operations Technician, you will help optimize lab operations, maintain sensitive equipment and records, monitor inventory and maintain supply levels, and undertake a variety of operational procedures to support our Research & Product Development and Pilot Manufacturing teams. Your role will be essential for ensuring seamless and safe lab operations. You will report to the Lab Operations Manager.
You are a detail-focused person with strong skills in organization and prioritization. You thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment where you can take ownership of your work and contribute to an emerging industry. You want to help optimize the day-to-day laboratory operations at VitroLabs by building your experience in Good Laboratory Practices, operational efficiencies, and process improvements.
- Stock and maintain inventory of laboratory materials in the Research & Product Development and Pilot Manufacturing lab spaces
- Maintain the laboratory space by performing routine cleaning and organizational tasks and ensuring the expected participation from the rest of the team
- Clean, autoclave, and perform sterile preparation of parts, equipment, glassware, tools, and other lab-related items
- Prepare, test, adjust, monitor, and calibrate laboratory equipment (incubators, water baths, etc.)
- Support laboratory operations team by maintaining logs, notes, and records
- Support and adhere to environmental health and safety (EH&S) and CalOSHA laboratory requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned relating to the smooth operation of the laboratory
Qualifications & Skills:
- Interest in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, or a related field
- Experience with inventory management; retail or warehouse background welcomed
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills for word processing and data management
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
At VitroLabs, we understand that those who are courageous enough to make the bold moves and run with the "crazy" ideas are the folks who drive innovation and enable us to accomplish our mission. There is no specific pathway that makes you a fit for this role, but rather your resilience, tenacity, and constant curiosity.
If you want to collaborate with us and know you can help make a product that will change the planet for the better, we want to hear from you.
- 90-100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental care
- Flexible Spending Account/ Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Basic Life insurance & Long Term Disability insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 401K (Employer matching)
- Onsite employer sponsored lunches (3 days each week)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks responsibly sourced)
- Team happy hours and regularly scheduled table tennis, foosball, and cornhole matches
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.