IT Systems Engineer
The Systems Engineer supports operations at Meati by driving the implementation and development of applications, network and server infrastructure, and other 3rd party solutions. The Systems Engineer will oversee documentation, administration, and configuration of existing software and system services for a variety of applications including packaged applications, cloud-based, and custom developed applications. The Systems Engineer is a technical asset and resource across multiple IT disciplines and will actively research and maintain knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
- Works with IT Manager to perform system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows server and desktop operating systems, Active Directory, Office 365, VMWare, Microsoft SQL Server, IT security best practices, infrastructure monitoring tools, and cloud applications.
- Trains technical staff on how to use new software and hardware developed and acquired.
- Redesign and configuration of operating systems and systems applications. Investigates and analyzes the feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots hardware and software for network operations.
- Keeps technical infrastructure operating efficiently by performing necessary patching, upgrades, and repairs. This includes and is not limited to servers, computers, audiovisual, and network equipment.
- Identifies methods and solutions and provides leadership to provide high service to faculty and guests.
- Establishes and manages user accounts in Active Directory and Office 365 environments.
- Provides team leadership to AV/Staff.
- Works to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature, and user abuse.
- Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementing computer operations and enterprise systems administration projects.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training documents for staff and faculty.
- Provides training sessions to the new hire.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for Meati to take advantage of new technology.
- Works with IT Manager to consult, design, and install audio/ visual systems.
- Perform end-user support, including problem determination and problem resolution, and implement problem escalation and tracking as required.
- Support smartphone connections to the email system for calendars, email, and contact synchronization.
- Maintain inventory and work with vendor's warranty service and hardware support contracts.
- Maintains accurate and timely troubleshooting notes in the meati.freshservice.com service ticketing system.
- Available for rotating on-call schedule to support 24-7 operations
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Microsoft server, Office 365 suite, and desktop/laptop platforms.
- Advanced knowledge in supporting wired/wireless networks and basic networking protocols, including DNS, DHCP, VPNs, WAN/LAN, and TCP/IP.
- Experience in virtualized server environments working with VMWare.
- Experience with cybersecurity protocols.
- Experience in IS infrastructure planning and development.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Drive for excellence in service delivery.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a Food manufacturing environment.
- Effectively communicate relevant IT-related information to management.
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati™ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.**
The base salary range for this role is $85,000 - $112,200 / annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required prior to the start of employment at Eat Meati™.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..