Human Resources Manager
ABOUT AIR PROTEIN
At Air Protein, we’re passionate about creating a new food system–one that pushes the boundaries of what anyone thought was possible and builds a healthy relationship between our food and our planet. This is a new era of sustainable production; we can use less and make more. We can feed the growing global population without destroying rainforests or warming the planet. Join our diverse team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to create the future of food—meat made from elements of the air.
As an innovative food company, we are crafting the world’s first air-based meats to eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air into protein. Air Protein’s process is carbon-negative by design, using less land and water, and is powered by renewable energy. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Benefits & Perks:
In addition to the chance to work with a world-class team and cutting-edge technology to help combat climate change and address the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits. We offer unlimited PTO, parental leave, 401K match, and compensation plans that include employee equity. Air Protein invests in employee development and the company culture is shaped by shared values:
Protect people & the planet
Play as a team and have a growth mindset
Do what you say you will do
Be the change you seek
Create a culture of belonging
We’re currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our extraordinary team.
Are you passionate about developing and administering strategic HR practices, policies, and processes?
Are you driven to deliver excellence in the HR function using your advanced knowledge of California HR practices?
Do you love championing and contributing to the creation of a safe and inclusive work environment?
Do you thrive in fast-paced, start-up environments in the alternative meat manufacturing industry?
If you answered yes to these questions, then WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
The Human Resources Manager, reporting to the Senior Director, People & Culture, is a critical contributor within the People Operations group. This role develops, manages and administers general HR processes for Air Protein. They partner within the People Operations team and with functional divisions and departments to address day-to-day human resource needs and keep the pulse of the organization while championing our diverse and innovative culture. The position is located at the Air Protein Innovation Center (IC) in San Leandro, CA (SF/East Bay Area) and will require candidates to live within commutable distance to our facilities.
- Develop, communicate, and administer strategic HR programs and best practices
- Administer payroll and benefits for salary, hourly, exempt and nonexempt employees,
- Administer benefits programs
- Develop and effectively communicate policies and procedures in partnership with various subject matter experts
- Acts as an on-site resource to support Air Protein team members in daily HR matters
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding process for on-site employees and foster a people-first approach to all activities.
- Collaborate with People Operations and leaders across the organization to identify, develop and implement strategic HR solutions
- Act as Air Protein's expert in areas of HR Compliance, and partner with our experts in compensation and legal to deliver best-in-class and fully compliant tools
- Developing, compiling and sharing reports, data, and metrics to identify trends, resolve root causes of issues, and develop effective solutions.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, HR discipline or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of HR experience as an HR partner or HR Manager with experience managing or supporting teams on-site in the manufacturing industry within a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- Ability to effectively envision, develop and implement new policies, programs, best practices and strategies.
- Possess functional expertise across key areas of HR, including Employee Relations, HR Compliance, Benefits, Payroll, Workers Compensation, Data Reporting, and Talent Acquisition.
- Coaching, influencing, and making sound judgment calls
Skills & Qualities:
- Motivated, proactive, and prioritizes a people-centric approach
- Demands excellence in execution
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance culture where the business is continually evolving
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently
- Stellar project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize
- Critical-thinking skills with the ability to think strategically and execute on ideas
- Solid negotiating and problem-solving skills
Check us out in the media, news, and in the community:
- Forbes: The Meatless Mafia: Four Companies Revolutionizing the Future of Food
- World Economic Forum: Air Protein Named WEF Technology Pioneer
- TED Talk: A forgotten Space Age Technology Could Change How We Grow Food
- Bloomberg: Crop Trader ADM Pours Money Into Firm Making Meat Out of Air
Salary For This Position: $106,250 - $161,000
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer.
At Air Protein, we are committed to providing equal opportunities. Because we want the absolute best people, we enthusiastically invite people of every race, color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability – or any other status protected by law – to apply to join our team.
Research has shown that women and people from marginalized groups may not apply for a role if they aren't a 100% match. Please don't hold back. If you think you will excel in this role, but perhaps you don’t tick every box, we'd appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.