Mission Barns is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate people are pioneering the future of food. We are scaling up and optimizing our process to provide sustainable, safe, and humane meat products to the world.
We are a venture-backed startup with decades of experience in cell biology, tissue engineering, media development, food science, bioreactor design, and more. We’re united by our collective drive to solve difficult problems, ask tough questions, and apply cutting-edge science and engineering. At Mission Barns, you’ll have the freedom to dream big and do the best work of your life.
Mission Barns is looking for a Head of Regulatory Affairs to lead the company’s regulatory processes across multiple markets, including the US, APAC, and the EU. The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Full-time, exempt
- San Francisco, CA - 100% onsite
- Full time employees enjoy medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible holiday and vacation time, stock options, 401k, and ample opportunity for career advancement as the company grows.
- Salary range: $140,000-$180,000
- Leading the internal and external discussions for facilitating regulatory processes
- Developing and submitting regulatory documents required for the approval of cultivated meat production and sales
- Monitoring and assessing the cultivated meat and related cellular agriculture regulatory landscapes to develop regulatory strategies that align with Mission Barns’ near and long-term goals
- Working cross-functionally with teams including Quality, Manufacturing, and R&D, to ensure regulatory compliance
- Advocating for Mission Barns’ policy positions with key government and non-government stakeholders in order to build support for clear and efficient regulatory frameworks
- Supporting and contributing to Mission Barns' culture
- Striving to embody our values of Optimism, Generosity, Ingenuity, and Ambition
- Committed to helping evolve our food system for a better world
- Demonstrated track record of successfully facilitating the regulatory process for commercializing novel food and/or biopharmaceutical products
- Proven track record of fostering and maintaining strong relationships with regulators and policymakers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience representing an organization to external parties
- Close familiarity with GMP regulations and requirements
- Experience in managing a team is preferred
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced startup environment
- B.S., M.S., J.D., or Ph.D in Biological or Chemical Sciences/Engineering, Regulatory Law, Food Science, or related fields
Full Time employees enjoy 99% coverage for medical, dental and vision benefits, pre-tax benefits, a 401K, stock options, a brand new state of the art office close to 101, I-80, walking distance to public transit (BART, MUNI, SamTrans), an unlimited supply of snacks, flavored waters, coffee, tea and ample career advancement as the company grows.
Mission Barns is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.