Multus is at the heart of creating a sustainable future for next-generation meat production. We are pioneering the design and production of the key ingredients required to accelerate the affordable scale-up of cellular agriculture.
Multus is solving the challenge of rapidly reducing the cost of cultivated meat production towards price parity by combining state-of-the-art techniques for data-driven new ingredient discovery and our proprietary platform to optimise animal-free growth media formulations for maximal cell growth at scale.
Our unique approach delivers on developing a truly sustainable alternative to today’s global dependence on traditional animal farming, which continues to erode biodiversity, monopolise arable land and emits high levels of greenhouse gases. Our products are the building blocks of cellular agriculture and enable the affordable at-scale production of real animal products – including meat, dairy, leather and more – using cells instead of animals.
Our mission is
· to provide our customers, and consumers, with the choice to enjoy socially and environmentally responsible products at a price point which is accessible to all;
· to originate the key ingredients - growth media ingredients, formulations and manufacturing - to make cultivated meat affordable and profitable to accelerate adoption by producers and consumers; and
· to develop a system that allows the production of animal-free, food-grade growth media using our novel ingredients that can meet demand at a commercially viable price point.
Having rapidly grown over the last few years with several new products ready for launch and scale, we are looking for an entrepreneurial, driven, self-starter to join our existing dedicated team. You will take full responsibility to drive sales, continuous revenue growth and profitability supported by a coherent commercial strategy that will deliver on our mission.
You will form part of our senior leadership team, delivering value to our customers and securing our position as the leading enabler of the cellular agriculture industry. This is your chance to make your mark in the future of food production!
Role & Responsibility:
You will take full ownership, as part of the senior leadership team, and responsibility for delivering enduring revenue growth, in line with our mission, principles and business plan, by leading all sales and marketing activities, client partnerships and commercial activities across:
- Deliver continuous sales and revenue growth as part of the company business plan
- Build close relationships with new and existing customers and deliver upon sales and revenue targets supported by a go-to-market strategy and customer journey with supporting sales material
- Negotiate and manage agreements to create win-win commercial relationships with our customers and partners
- Manage complex, high-value commercial projects in coordination with our scientific and production teams
- Own our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and establish new processes for commercial expansion
- Build and lead a driven commercial team, including sales, account management, and technical and marketing functions to serve a global customer base
- Take responsibility for the delivery of the commercial strategy within the company business plan, working closely with other members of the senior leadership team across R&D, production, operations and finance
- Form a deep understanding of our market and competitor landscapes; be our day to day eyes and ears of the company focused on client needs, market developments and commercial opportunities from sophisticated primary and secondary research
- Monitor key customers and develop an effective customer acquisition and sales approach
- Develop go-to-market strategies for all our products and services to achieve product-market fit with honest KPIs
- Seek out innovative new opportunities for revenue generation and build business cases where Multus can be market-leading through differentiated offerings
- Forecast our commercial growth trajectory, including pricing models, and revenue and margin projections
- Work with R&D and Production teams to unlock cross-functional capabilities through proper collaborative scheduling and planning
- Through our marketing activities ensuring that we are recognised within and outside the industry as a leader and innovator in the sustainable protein industry
- Bring market insights and strategic planning to manage and strengthen our existing partnerships
- Craft proposals, project plans and budgets for new strategic partnerships
- Actively seek new collaborations with technical partners to accelerate our research and development objectives towards enduring competitive advantage
- Align the management team to ensure the successful implementation of external partnerships, including tracking and managing performance
- Impart our vision for the future of sustainable protein production and promote our offerings externally, including at industry conferences and events
- Make key contributions to management in fundraising activities
- Influence and support in the day-to-day management of the company, as a member of the senior leadership team
- Be versatile and enthusiastic to support our relentless drive for growth and acceleration
All members of our team are expected to maintain the highest standards of scientific and business integrity, and honest, accountable, lawful and ethical conduct in all aspects of their work.
We would like to hear from you if you have the following skill sets:
- Proven commercial and entrepreneurial mindset supported by a track record of building companies from the R&D stage into a global organisation
- A proven track record of delivering commercial targets supported by consultative selling skills
- A go-getter who can take responsibility for all sales and marketing activities with a natural hunger to build and execute upon our sales pipeline that delivers on annual targets for growth and profitability
- Significant experience in customer-facing roles and a natural relationship builder supported by excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to work with customers and within our team
- A natural marketeer who is always “selling” Multus through social media, public speaking and presentations
- Motivated by our mission to create a better world
- Project management experience in originating, developing and launching new products and services
- Superb analytical skills, with the ability to systematise customer discovery and assess multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and interdisciplinary start-up environment
- Leadership experience in related biotechnology company(ies)
- Graduate degree in business, natural science, or a related field
What we offer
Alongside a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an annual bonus, linked to the achievement of objectives.
Further, all candidates will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Share options
- Flexible hours
- Flexible PTO with 25 paid holidays per year
- Free coffee, snacks and socials
- A fundamental role in establishing the value chain of the cultivated meat industry.
- Opportunity to work in a quickly growing environment and exciting domain.
- An inspiring team to work and grow with!