Grant Writer and Project Manager
Arkeon is a food-technology company working to provide the most nutritious and best tasting ingredients for the next generation of alternative protein products. The company’smission is to decouple food production from agriculture and climate by developing technologies to convert CO2 into food ingredients. At Arkeon we turn the equation upside down by using unique microorganisms capable of producing a versatile range of food ingredients. We utilize the power of nature to transform a resource-intensive food industry into a sustainable, low-emission system.
We are looking for a highly motivated Grant Writer who leads our efforts in securing third party financial resources to help our organization implement innovative projects through various grants. The Grant Writer plays a key role in identifying national and international funding opportunities, (e.g. FFG, Vienna Business Agency, HORIZON 2020, EIC Accelerator etc.) as well as coordinating proposal writing. This position will collaborate with cross- functional teams at Arkeon.
● You have experience in writing scientific grant proposals.
● You are passionate about the mission of transforming the global food system and dedicated to making a positive impact on the way the world eats.
● You are open to work with a diverse group of technologists, engineers, chemists, biotechnologists, and biologists across disciplines to foster true innovation.
● You are self-directed, highly collaborative and enjoy working with a team in a fast-paced startup environment, while bringing your own experience and expertise.
● Identifying the suitable funding programs, national and international (e.g. FFG, Vienna Business Agency, HORIZON 2020, EIC Accelerator etc.).
● Writing detailed descriptions of our projects including technical details with the help of the technical staff.
● Taking a proactive role in the administration of funded projects.
● Preparing reports for the funding institutions.
● Managing multiple projects and executing reports of the deliverables on time and within guidelines.
● Organizing and having an overview of all the fundings received.
To thrive and be happy in this role, we believe that you have the following qualifications and experience:
● Scientific background (in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Engineering, or other science-related field (required) and ideally several years of experience with grant writing.
● Experience in scientific work and citation style
● Enthusiasm for alternative protein products
● Fluent in English (oral and written)
● Residing in Europe, preferably Vienna, Austria, or willing to relocate.
● Proven ability to work independently and effectively plan and organize workactivities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines.
● Hands-on approach, willingness to be tenacious, dive into details to help support and improve projects.
Culture Fit & Impact
● Understands how to work in a rapidly growing start-up
● Able to deal effectively with ambiguity and changing priorities
● Thrives under pressure and desires to learn and grow
● Mission-driven and interested in transforming the food industry
● Competitive salary depending on qualification and experience
● Working in an innovative Start-Up with flat hierarchy and fast decision paths
● Opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact to the development of new and sustainable products in the food sector
● Be part of a great team with an open communication and feedback culture
● Your knowledge is valuable for everyone, which is why we offer every employee the opportunity to continue their education
● Because family comes first, we are a modern and family-friendly employer with flexible working time models
● Live in the most livable city in the world Vienna
● and much more…
Arkeon values diversity. We welcome all applicants - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, and identity.