At the forefront of farming and food, UPSIDE Foods is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. The founding company of the industry, UPSIDE Foods is a mission-driven organization focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
As the primary FP&A Analyst, you will work closely with the Controller to build out the finance function. You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining monthly forecasts for each department, analyzing actual results, and developing reporting to provide valuable insights in a timely manner. You will identify trends and issues and problem solve to improve the quality of our financial results. You will also continuously improve and develop our budgeting and forecasting process to provide valuable, actionable insights to both departments and senior management. On an annual basis, you will help with the budgeting process and long-range planning.
- Own and manage the Company’s financial budgeting model (inputs and outputs). This will include partnering with department owners to gather budget requests, aggregate and validate budgeting data, drive operational analysis and budget versus actual reviews.
- Participate in and help to drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range strategic planning.
- Support the Company’s financial reporting and analytical data requests; help develop key scorecards that provide senior management with insights into the health of the business and enable the company to meet its monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as board slides and budget vs actual analysis.
- Ad hoc projects, financial modeling, and analysis as needed.
- 4+ years of related FP&A or Finance experience (high growth manufacturing experience is a plus).
- BS/BA in Finance, Engineering, or Accounting preferred.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- System savvy and have experience working with forecasting and reporting systems, and comfortable with aggregating and manipulating large data sets from multiple systems to derive insightful analysis and create financial models.
- Excellent communication skills with strong problem solving, analytical, and systems skills.
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work collaboratively with a team and also work independently and prioritize competing initiatives.
Who you’ll work with…
- This role will partner with every function in the company! It’s a rare opportunity to learn about all parts of the business and industry.
- On a day-to-day basis the FP&A Analyst will work with the Finance Controller, Assistant Controller, and Accounting Manager to ensure that the budgeting and forecasting process is robust and reliable. This role will help with month-end financial reporting as well as provide valuable insights on monthly variances to budgets.
Key Contributions in First Year…
- Take full ownership of the Company financial models
- Take full ownership of monthly meetings with department heads and BVA analysis
- Reduce consultant hours related to FP&A by 75%
- Streamline budgeting process to reduce burden on department heads and budget administrators
Compensation Range: $72,000-$125,000*
*Pay may vary depending on factors including job-related knowledge and skills.
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- Unlimited PTO
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities