As our new Food Safety Coordinator you will support on the implementation of the Food Safety System of Meatable’s organization. You are responsible for maintaining up to date effective HACCP and prerequisites programs in line with international food safety standards at Meatable’s organization (including its R&D, research laboratories and the pilot plant). The Food Safety Coordinator reports to the Quality Assurance Manager
In order to be successful in this role, you need an entrepreneurial mind-set, including the enthusiasm, commitment, and business savviness to navigate the many technical, political, and organizational roadblocks that can emerge. Having empathy, strong interpersonal communication skills and being able to effectively communicate your insights to colleagues with a different expertise background is a must.
- Gathering & analyzing of food safety data to support the release of product for sensory tasting.
- Increasing food safety awareness in the workplace, and supporting quality & food safety trainings.
- Being active member of the HACCP team and provide input during emergency in any Food Safety situations.
- Coordinate & facilitate internal and external cleaning activities and Food Safety/HACCP standards compliance through the operation team.
- Ensure that prescribed corrective action is taken in the event of any deviations from set critical limits and procedures.
- Work closely with the internal stakeholders (e.g. Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Operations and other) and participate in several projects to ensure Food Safety requirements are implemented on agreed timelines.
- Communicate Food Safety/HACCP/quality control information to all relevant departments, suppliers or customers.
- Carry out the assessment of suppliers and coordinate the establishment of products specifications for incoming goods and finished products, and in accordance with Meatable requirements and Food Safety/regulatory requirements.
- Conducting internal audits, quality and hygiene inspections. If applicable, participate in relevant external audits related to quality and food safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Disciplines with academic background in toxicology, biochemistry, pharmacology, cell biology, or public health.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Food Risk Assessment Management and establishing HACCP and Sanitation Standards within Food industry with focus on cell culturing with focus on bioprocessing.
- Strong experience in Food Safety risk assessment, Food Safety management systems (e.g. FSSC22000, ISO 22000, GFSI recognized certifications). Experience with GLP, pharma cGMP will be a plus.
- Experience as an internal auditor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Like to work in a dynamic, complex, international and ever-changing environment.
- Fluent in English
- A competitive salary
- Participation in our employee stock option plan and pension plan
- A dynamic work environment in a new exciting field using cutting edge technologies, working with the leaders in the field
- A caring culture with strong emphasis on team performance and personal development
- A Gym Membership