Food Pilot Plant Lead
Gourmey is France’s pioneering cultivated meat company. We create delicious and sustainable restaurant-grade meats directly from animal cells.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Food process Engineer to spearhead the scaling-up and support the industrialisation of Gourmey products.
You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
What you will be doing
- Drive the upscaling of foie-gras products by designing and organizing trials at pilot scale compliant with Gourmey’s standards
- Ensure security, quality and productivity of food production at pilot scale applying lean methodology (including 5S, continuous improvement process)
- Optimize the key process operating parameters, develop the process flow diagram and oversee the most efficient path to success, building upon our body of work so far
- Source, write URS, test and buy adequate pilot scale food processing equipments
- Design, dimension and optimize industrial processes / production units
- Manage the team: one engineer and one technician at the beginning
- Manage the relationship with all external stakeholders such as ingredient suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Ensure equipment maintenance
In the near future, you will also be in charge of the technology transfer from the pilot plant to our industrial facility as well as of the manufacturing technical support.
- 5+ years of industrial experience in processed food scale-up at least from R&D to pilot
- Strong scientific project management skills
- MSc or Engineering school in food process engineering and technology
- Passionate about GOURMEY’s mission to bring to market delicious and sustainable foods through innovation.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken. We are an international team, no need to speak French!
- Willingness to collaborate with all team members, in particular with the Food Science R&D and the Industrialization team
- Enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. We welcome positive, can-do attitudes
What we offer
- A competitive salary and participation in Gourmey’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan)
- Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast-growing startup, building the future of food through cutting-edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth
- A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in Paris