The Fermentation Associate will be responsible for operating all fermentation vessels under the management of the Fermentation Supervisor. This person will support all day-to-day fermentation work including CIP, SIP, media prep, and reactor prep. Additional work could include assisting in all food processing and sanitation. Work at Meati Foods is faced paced and provides an exceptional amount of hands-on experience, responsibilities, and exposure.
- Clean and maintain fermentation and media vessels according to standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Possesses the basic mechanical and technical skills to accomplish the required machine operation.
- Works with the team to ensure timely completion of R&D trials.
- Supports on-going Production projects
- Knowledge of production equipment, such as fermentation vessels and CIP Sanitize and Steam Sanitation (SIP) equipment.
- Assemble and break down appropriate hoses and parts configuration depending on the process.
- Correctly, accurately, and safely handle and measure chemicals and cleaning aids for CIP/SIPs.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and hygienic workspace with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
- Log information immediately and accurately.
- Maintain all quality standards and safety set for production at the Meati R&D facility.
- Follow SOP’s to safely handle chemicals and hoses/vessels under pressure while wearing PPE
- Complete general cleaning tasks (sweeping, scrubbing, organizing, etc.)
- Escalate problems to coworkers and management immediately
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 4 or more years of experience or equivalent related education/experience
- Experience working as a Brewers Assistant, Cellarman, or another fermentation operator in industries such as dairy, pharmaceutical, or chemical
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate a willingness to ask questions before proceeding with uncertainty
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making
Must have the endurance to frequently lift and move 10-50 pounds, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, do-a-barrel-roll, bend, talk, hear, see, and operate controls in operational and administrative situations.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Basic tools, membrane filters, PFD panel, fermenters, pumps, steam boiler, scales
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.**
This position spans a 7-day schedule based on working Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday with alternating weekends. Start time ranges from 5pm - 9pm and shifts are 10-hours.
The base salary for this role Is $54,000 /annually, plus a shift differential of $6,000 /annually, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required prior to the start of employment at Eat Meati™.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..