Director of Sales, Foodservice
At MeliBio, we are reimagining one of the World’s most revered natural superfoods: honey. Honey has been a part of the human diet since ancient times, and is an integral part of many cultures, spanning as far back as the Egyptians and the ancient Maya.
Through our science-driven approach, MeliBio provides a solution for honey that does not rely on the honeybee, so that we can have the same delicious and nutritious product as the one that bees make for thousands of years to come, only without the negative impacts of factory farmed commercial honeybees. By overcoming the use of honeybees in the supply chain, we help support bee and pollinator diversity, thereby helping to create a healthier planet Earth. We invite you to join us in creating the future that is both better for humans, and better for bees!
MeliBio is seeking a passionate and experienced Director of Sales, Foodservice with a proven track record in creating and executing GTM strategy and plan in Foodservice in the United States.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Oakland, California with options for remote work and will be reporting directly to the CEO.
- You will be responsible for planning and executing the launch and driving growth of MeliBio’s plant-based honey made without bees in Foodservice in the US
- Planning, analyzing and forecasting sales data to assist in creating monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals. The information collected will be used for you to perform the following:
- Create sales strategies and product introductions with key decision makers
- Monthly/quarterly/annual business reviews and planning meetings to ensure all goals are met
- Building, hiring, expanding, training and managing Sales team on national and/or regional levels
- Identifying, negotiating, and closing deals with distributors, operators, brokers and customers
- Create and provide trainings to partners and distributors to ensure that our product is communicated and presented properly
- Organizing and conducting product presentations and demonstrations at trade shows and other events
- Creating and building a database or CRM that incorporates all sales, partnerships, contacts and tracking content for all sales, partnerships and marketing related ongoing work
- Develop and maintain direct relationships with chefs and key decision makers in Foodservice
- Gather market data to improve growth opportunities and create strong positioning in the plant based market segment
- Participate and collaborate with other members of the Go-To-Market team, including advisors and consultants for strategy, marketing and PR
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant Foodservice experience
- Proven-track record in growing and managing sales of food products in the US
- Experienced in negotiating commercial terms with distributors and customers
- Experienced in managing distributors, brokers, customers, and other partners and stakeholders across the value chain related to Foodservice
- Ability to travel nationally and attend trade shows and events
- Ability to create and execute a Go-To-Market Strategy, sales plan, customer presentations, and other strategic, sales and operational documents
- Experienced in setting up, managing, and creating reports in CRM software
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of food and beverage: products, recipes, categories, programs, origins and trends
- Experienced in creating, building and strengthening relationships with key decision makers to maintain partnership opportunities and maximize sales growth
- Ability to build relationships with chefs and other culinary professionals
- Excellent negotiation, sales and communication skills
- Existing network or database of Foodservice customers and distributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with ability to manage and mentor others
- Experienced in collaborating cross-functionally with other departments
- Track-record in developing and growing retail sales in the US would be considered as an advantage
What We Offer
Base salary in the range of $120,000 - $200,000. Competitive benefits package, premium medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with company matching, flexible PTO, opportunity to work in an exciting startup environment, opportunities for vertical career growth, wellness stipend, free snacks, coffee and tea in the office.
MeliBio is a journey into the future. It is a pioneering platform that empowers mindful innovators and brave creators of that future to make it sustainable for humankind and all the keystone species we share our planet with. MeliBio is about allowing science and imagination to integrate and connect. It is a place of diverse thoughts, voices, views, backgrounds, styles, approaches that nourishes its diversity with the belief that diversity empowers innovation. MeliBio is about the synergy of our future with the future of this planet, and believes that this shared future lies at the intersection of sustainability, health, and technological progress.
MeliBio, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability status, preferred identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in the United States, proof of identity, and to complete necessary eligibility verification forms upon hire.