ABOUT AIR PROTEIN
At Air Protein, we’re passionate about creating a new food system–one that pushes the boundaries of what anyone thought was possible and builds a healthy relationship between our food and our planet. This is a new era of sustainable production; we can use less and make more. We can feed the growing global population without destroying rainforests or warming the planet. Join our diverse team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to create the future of food—meat made from elements of the air.
As an innovative food company, we are crafting the world’s first air-based meats to eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air into protein. Air Protein’s process is carbon-negative by design, using less land and water, and is powered by renewable energy. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Benefits & Perks:
In addition to the chance to work with a world-class team and cutting-edge technology to help combat climate change and address the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits. We offer unlimited PTO, parental leave, 401K match, and compensation plans that include employee equity. Air Protein invests in employee development and the company culture is shaped by shared values:
Protect people & the planet
Play as a team and have a growth mindset
Do what you say you will do
Be the change you seek
Create a culture of belonging
We’re currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (Pre-IPO Startup) to join our extraordinary team…
Do you have a background leading Finance & Strategy in venture-backed startups and/or private equity?
Have you played a critical role in “connecting the dots” between vision and execution in your previous roles?
Are you a master at strategic planning and execution?
Do you have experience overseeing capital project management?
Are you familiar with the food science or processing sector?
If you answered yes to these questions, then WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
The Chief Financial Officer (Pre-IPO Startup) is responsible for directing and overseeing the financial & business operations of the company. This includes accounting and controllership; financial planning and analysis; treasury and cash management; audit, tax, and compliance; risk management; strategic sourcing and supply chain; general purchasing; business planning; corporate development; investor relations; project management; information technology; internal communications; and legal. This role prefers to have a candidate live in the SF Bay Area. Relocation assistance will be considered.
- Manage a team to deliver the company’s financial goals and serve as a strategic connector across functions
- Coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting implementation of ERP or other financial & business systems
- Direct the preparation of all financial reports
- Manage physical location vendor management
- Oversee accounting department, tax and audit functions
- Run annual strategic planning & budget process; develop reforecasting capabilities to update cash flow projections throughout the year
- Manage long-range planning and forecasts
- Review & analyze financial reports to make business recommendations, update FP&A processes, and improve cash flow
- Evaluate project proposals for future capital expenditure, developing framework for decision making
- Develop and keep finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures up to date Interact with other managers to provide consultative support
- Ensure records systems are maintained
- Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance
- Establish and implement short- and long-range accounting and financial goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees
- Implement procurement processes that incorporate oversight and accountability while maintaining operational speedManage fundraising (equity and non-dilutive) and investor relations activities
- Oversee special project management, internal communications, IT, and legal functions
- Propose and lead the implementation of other critical business infrastructure that may be needed
- Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related analytical field
- Previous experience as a CFO, financial officer, or 10+ years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position with an engineering, manufacturing or consumer product company delivering custom projects
- 10+ yrs exp managing a team of finance or accounting professionals
Skills & Qualities:
- Start-up or smaller/mid-sized (50-150 employees), fast-growth company experience
- Food science, technology, manufacturing, production, or processing sector experience
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Experience in raising Series B to pre-IPO rounds
Check us out in the media, news, and in the community:
- Forbes: The Meatless Mafia: Four Companies Revolutionizing the Future of Food
- World Economic Forum: Air Protein Named WEF Technology Pioneer
- TED Talk: A forgotten Space Age Technology Could Change How We Grow Food
- Bloomberg: Crop Trader ADM Pours Money Into Firm Making Meat Out of Air