Brand Marketing Manager
Orbillion is a top-tier cell-cultured meat company that crafts premium heritage meats from wagyu beef, wild elk, lamb, and American bison. After only 4 months of development time, we presented three of our four flavorful meats in a first-ever exclusive tasting in San Francisco (check out the video).
Orbillion is led by CEO Patricia Bubner, PhD, CTO Gabriel Levesque-Tremblay, PhD, and COO Samet Yildirim, MSc, MBS. Together, our three founders have more than 30 years of combined experience in rapid development and scale-up of mammalian cell culture as well as business and product development.
We’re proud to have an all-star advisory board, which includes high-profile food and biotech experts such as Matt Croughan (ex-Genentech, ex-Sapphire Energy, ex-KGI), Greg Hiller (ex-Pfizer), Ron Shigeta (ex-IndieBio), Guy Crims (Master Wagyu Butcher at Niku Steakhouse, the best steakhouse in SF), and Jay Keasling (UC Berkeley professor and entrepreneur).
Our team went through Y Combinator and raised a total of $6.4M from experienced food and agriculture investors and science-savvy angel investors including: At One Ventures (investors in Climax Foods, Finless Foods, Wild Earth), FoundersX Ventures (investors in SpaceX), Prithi Ventures (investors in Mission Barns, Turtle Tree Labs), Quiet Capital, and others. And, we graduated from Creative Destruction Lab’s Climate Stream.
Now, we’re focused on building our team and bringing our first product - Wagyu beef - up to pilot scale.
What We Offer:
• Exciting opportunity to contribute to and work with a small, talented, and fun team.
• Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits package.
• Flexible work week.
• Room for growth within the company.
• Drinks, snacks, and happy hours with the team.
• The opportunity to taste the future of meat.
As Orbillion’s first Brand Marketing Manager, you will play a key role in driving awareness of Orbillion’s pioneering brand and set the stage for adoption of our craveworthy products. This is a great opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a new field, to help grow a creative and strategic marketing team, to build a breakthrough new brand, and to make a meaningful impact from day one.
You’ll be a great fit if you
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment and interdisciplinary teams
• Strike a balance between autonomy and collaboration
• Are action-oriented but know how to take calibrated risks
• Are Independent and analytical thinker while being an empathetic listener
• Are eager to learn the technical elements of our company to accurately and effectively share it with the world
• Are passionate about creating delicious, game-changing, sustainable foods
At Orbillion, you will
• Shape and implement strategies to position the brand for growth
• Keep up to date on landscape and trends Lead content development such as messaging, digital media, press releases, and presentations.
• Lead social listening efforts to gain actionable insights that drive decision making
• Monitor the performance of our brand through key performance indicators
• Track consumer and customer feedback to improve and grow the brand
• Research, screen, and evaluate external agencies, and work with agencies and creatives, as needed, to design and build the brand
• Serve as a steward of the brand to raise profile of Orbillion and the promise of cultured meat
• 4+ years brand marketing experience in the food & beverage industry
• Strong analytical skills to leverage and synthesize data for decision-making
• Experience managing creative development and external creative agencies
• The ability to flex between strategic thinking and detailed execution; you’re open to jumping in and wearing many hats, and trying on new ones!
• Incredible writing chops, and highly effective communication ski to a broad range of audiences, both internal and external
• An obsession with storytelling, ready and excited to think across platforms to make the story stand-out out; ideally you have a portfolio to share.
• Energy to drive an ambitious mission, and to have a blast along the way
We're a diverse team and an equal opportunity employer.
At Orbillion, we believe everybody should have the opportunity to live and work as their whole, authentic selves. And we know that as a company we're stronger because of it. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, sexual orientations, religious and spiritual beliefs, national origins, abilities, neurotypes, experiential backgrounds (including veteran status), and cultural identities to consider a career at Orbillion. We look forward to meeting you.