We are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world.
Gourmey is France’s pioneering cultivated meat company. We create delicious and sustainable restaurant-grade meats directly from animal cells.
We are looking for a mission-driven, motivated and passionate Pilot Scale technician to be part of our new Bioprocessing team in Paris, who will be participating in the production of the first commercial batch of cultivated Foie Gras.
You will report to our Bioprocessing team leader.
What you will be doing:
You will actively participate in the transfer of technologies developed within the laboratory to external entities:
● Conduct and monitor cell cultures from flasks to bioreactors according to established protocols.
● Detect, identify and escalate any malfunction or risk. Participate in incident analysis. Propose and implement corrective actions.
● Carry out the operations of preparation of the culture media and solutions in accordance with the established documents.
● Take samples and analyze solutions.
● Participate in the continuous improvement of the process.
● Ensure the proper conduct of the experiment respecting the Quality and HSE instructions available.
● Participate in the selection of equipment as well as its installation.
● Maintain the equipment and the premises: participation in the monitoring of the equipment and premises, interventions on the equipment, and maintenance in a state of cleanliness.
● Have the ability to ensure very punctually on-call duty to guarantee on weekends the optimal conditions for cell cultures if necessary.
● You ideally have a first experience (2+ years) in conventional cell production (thawing/ freezing, maintenance of flask cells and/or bioreactors) on a biotechnology production site and/or in an R&D laboratory.
● You hold a BSc/BTEC in Life Sciences or Biotechnology or equivalent
● You have an experience of culture of primary cells, ideally stem cells
● You are familiar with the hygiene and safety guidelines of level 2 laboratories (BSL-2). Having knowledge of the GMP rules would be a plus.
● You are organized, detail-oriented, with good interpersonal and writing skills and are able to work independently and in small teams
● You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. We are an international team, no need to speak French!
● Enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. A positive, can-do attitude.
Benefits:A competitive salary and participation in Gourmey’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan).
Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast-growing startup, building the future of food through cutting-edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth.
A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs and plant located in Paris.