We are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world.
Gourmey is France’s pioneering cultivated meat company. We create delicious and sustainable restaurant-grade meats directly from animal cells.
We are looking for a mission-driven, self-motivated and passionate Pilot Scale Bioprocess Engineer to be part of our new Pilot manufacturing team who will be in charge of producing the first commercial batch of cultivated Foie Gras.
You will report to our Bioprocessing team leader.
What you will be doing
● Carry out operations in the USP pilot team and supervise operators for day-to-day pilot operations for testing, validating and manufacturing batches of cell culture
● Support execution of pilot scale tests and report our results
● Generates and manages data to support the identification of process trends and support KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
● Provide hands-on technical support as process SME during tech transfer and scale-up activities
● Support troubleshooting and mitigation efforts
● Will work closely with external vendors to design, test, and implement new technologies
● Carry out development tests, scaling-up for industrialization:
- Preparation of the tests (including drafting of the protocol),
- Realization (including completion of the associated documents) and
- Writing of the associated report.
● Execute production batch record generation for regulatory approval
● Participate in SOP writing and revising
● Work collaboratively with R&D Bioprocess team, regulatory team and QA team
● 3-5 years proven practical experience with suspension culture of animal cells at pilot scale (200L)
● Meaningful experience of SOP writing and revising
● Working knowledge of GMP manufacturing, quality standards, and regulatory requirements
● Experience with biomass harvesting is a plus
● Passionate about GOURMEY’s mission to bring to market delicious and sustainable foods through innovation.
● Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
● Experience with statistical tools/DOE for experimental design or process optimization
● Data driven individual with strong communication and presentation skills
● Self-starter with demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality results
● Fluent English, both written and spoken. We are an international team, no need to speak French!
● Enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. A positive, can-do attitude.
What we offer
● A competitive salary and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan).
● Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast-growing startup, building the future of food through cutting-edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth.
● A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs and plant located in Paris.