California Cultured is seeking an Associate Scientist to join its team in Davis, California. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver, natural relationship-builder, and highly organized contribute to the development of our cell & media technology. The ideal candidate will have a background in biotechnology and will report directly to our Lead Scientist.
• Manage experiment preparation, media development, growing, maintaining, and characterizing plant cell cultures.
• Complete critical research projects plant cell engineering and gene expression of lipids and target molecules.
• Perform tissue culture, genetic engineering, and molecular biology work.
• Design and execute experiments to characterize and assess critical quality attributes of cell culture samples.
• Assist and execute experiments to determine product applications of cultured cell lines, as determined by Lead Scientist.
• Analyze data, develop conclusions, and make recommendations in support of molecular biology, cell culture, and process/product development efforts.
• Troubleshoot technical, experimental, and operational issues as necessary.
• Participate in the design and build-out of analytical capabilities based on strategic goals of the R&D organization.
• Develop, maintain, and follow standard operating procedures.
• Prepare and present project updates, reports and reviews of scientific literature.
• Develop technical and project planning expertise relevant to plant cell culture by attending courses/trainings, assisting Lead Scientist with research program development, and attending management discussions.
• Train new lab personnel on cell culture maintenance, media preparation, and common lab SOPs.
• Assist in setting yearly goals for research associates with Human Resources
• Train & assist on cell banking and cell retrieving
• Train & assist on project planning for cell screening
• Experience with plant cell culture, media development, and data collection
• Master’s degree in related field (preferred).
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• High level of competence in the supervision of technical staff and implementation of safety requirements and skills.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.