Administrative / Office Assistant
At Finless Foods, our mission is simple – we want to create a future for seafood where the ocean thrives. We work toward this every day by creating delicious alternative seafood products that help you satisfy your cravings without bait or hook. We are using ground-breaking plant and cell culture technology to revolutionize the way the world sources delicious and sustainable food. Good for us. Good for the ocean.
At Finless Foods, we are passionate about supporting our employees’ growth both personally and professionally. We want you to be proud of having ‘Finless Foods’ on your resume and we want you to be a key part of making Finless’ amazing culture what it is.
- Emotional Intelligence - Being both self and socially aware and effectively managing yourself and your social relationships.
- Trust Through Transparency - Communicating by leading with transparency and honesty, even when it's difficult.
- Proactive Support - Proactively looking for opportunities to offer support to your teammates and then executing on it.
- Opportunities In Failure - Being honest about failure but also making sure to frame failures as things to learn from and growth opportunities, because these are the building blocks of success.
At Finless we integrate these values on a daily basis, and they’re also a core part of our annual individual and team evaluations. We’re looking for individuals who will take these to heart as much as we do.
Do you love the ocean? Are you passionate about sustainability? Do you love supporting team members to achieve their best work? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then we want you!
Finless Foods is looking for an energized and motivated admin assistant.office manager / receptionist. This role plays a critical role in shaping the onsite experience of our team and it requires a collaborative, customer-oriented individual with strong project management skills and high attention to detail. Finless routinely hosts guests such as investors and consultants; external, scientific collaborators and advisors, in addition to our full-time employees. The role will work closely with General & Administration and Cellular Biology departments to oversee office management, implement and enforce safety procedures, deliver onsite events, coordinate catering, support onboarding, cascade communications and ensure general office upkeep.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the office
- Coordinate office administration, including scheduling, budgeting, and record-keeping
- Maintain office supplies and equipment, including placing orders and ensuring that inventory is sufficient
- Ensure office operations are running smoothly including maintaining cleanliness and organization; ordering and stocking office supplies and refreshments; shipping, sorting, and distributing mail; and coordinating catering
- Assist with the hiring and onboarding of new employees
- Oversee the maintenance of office facilities and equipment
- Implement and maintain systems and processes to ensure the smooth operation of the office
- Provide support to management and other team members as needed
- Partner with functional and executive leaders to plan and execute team meetings and all-hands events
- Manage and maintain office safety procedures including overseeing COVID protocols and emergency evacuation procedures
- Interface with landlord and landlord-related vendors on issues related to office space
- Collaborate with the Lab Operations and Facilities for space planning, office assignments and to coordinate and communicate maintenance and repair activities
- Design or enhance tools and resources that improve office productivity and employee engagement
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval, and staff transfers (creating SOPs
- Working with the executive assistants coordinating monthly staff activities
- Draft internal communications and announcements related to office, lab, or facilities activities
- May manage day-to-day administrative needs of the leader or team and keeps details running flawlessly
- Develop and manage the budget for supplies, refreshments, catering, and office management vendors
- Understand the rhythm of the business and milestones to plan events and meetings, anticipate spend, and provide support based on the business needs at the time most effective
- Oversee office-related equipment and technology such as Envoy registration system, emergency notification system and other tools/applications in partnership with applicable stakeholders
- Be proactive, solution-oriented and surface any issues, concerns, or areas of opportunity for the office to the appropriate team
- Manage the receptionist and office management contracts and vendors as needed
Qualifications / Skills:
- BS/BA degree preferred, but not required
- Associate's degree/Bachelor degree
- 3-5 years of related office management experience and administrative support
- Proven proficiency in Google Workspace
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate across the organization to align resources
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Highly effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and complete projects on time, demonstrate drive and initiative, maintain confidentiality of information
- Independently manages projects big and small through to completion.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in order to take effective action when direction isn’t available.
- Rely on exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to comfortably juggle priorities and changing direction
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
Nice to have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a willingness to adapt approach to better serve the needs of internal stakeholders and external collaborators
- Creative and innovative, looking for new or better ways to manage the office space and related services
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make effective decisions when additional direction is not available
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to plan multiple events, prioritize activities and deliver against deadlines with a high attention to detail.
- Preferred experience in event planning and coordination
- Preferred experience using project management and communication tools (i.e. Asana, Slack).
- Monday - Friday: 9-5 P
- Hourly Rate Range: $28.00 - $36.00 depending on experience.
- Flexible paid time off
- Flexible Schedule
- 401k with matching contribution up to 4%
- Medical, dental, & vision
- Access to well-being tools and development opportunities
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Be part of the change for a better world
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position involves working primarily in an office performing ad-hoc administrative tasks on a regular basis. As such this position requires the ability to stand or sit at a desk or bench, the use of computers and standard office equipment, and the capability of lifting 15-20 pounds. The position requires analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent time management, as well as communication with other team members.
Finless Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the large number of applications, only applicants moving on to the next round will be contacted.